Saturday, May 17, 2014

June MMM Kit!

Good morning, everyone :)

It's time for another look at this months Magnifique Mixed Media Kit from C'est Magnifique! Kelly showed you a layout and accompanying video just a little while back {see it HERE if you missed it}, and today I have a layout to share as well.

"Bliss"
As you know, this kit is full of bright, tropical colors! I thought I would go for a fun background using the fabulous Gelatos pack included amongst this month's mediums.


I chose a pretty neutral background paper so the colors would really stand out. And all I did was take a stencil and, with one color at a time, scribbled over the stencil and used my finger to blend in the color over the pattern of the stencil, working in somewhat of a V-shaped pattern over my entire page. 

I started with the pink, moved on to the purple, and then the blue (which gave me a darker purple when mixed with the other colors). I loved the succession of coordinating colors that this gave me.

I then set about my clustering and photo layout. I didn't want the color to completely overwhelm my project, so I took advantage of some of the more neutral possibilities in the kit, such as the Jutes flowers, wood pieces, and Blue Fern Studios "Techno Rings" chipboard pieces (leaving them raw).


Here's another look at this month's MMM Kit:

Believe it or not, there are still a few of these left in the store- so get one before they're gone!

Thanks for visiting today!

7 comments:

angel said...

Piękne i delikatne LO :)

Romy said...

Oh, such a sweet lay-out! It's super pretty!

anikenitet said...

Ooooh, so sweet and cut !!

Caroline said...

Hey Erin. You won't remember me as I have been outta loop so long. Please know I still see yours & Kelly's wonderful pieces, just life has changed rather a lot and not as much time to keep upto date... (I will pop over to Kelly after this to say hey).
Anywaaaaay... A beautiful layout, love how you used the gelatos. The photo is precious and what a great look with the 2 layered. Take care. C ;))

Brendaxx said...

Such a beautiful layout and sweet photos!! love it!!

dstandard said...

Adorable and sweet photo and beautiful page - love how you used the gelatos!

Unknown said...

That is so awesome Love the gorges theme and such so cute Erin
shimmerlyscrappy.blogspot.com